The Art of Selling
In this workshop a participant will learn best practices of interpersonal skills of effective consultative selling. By understanding the importance of selling with purpose, building customer rapport and establishing a professional presence.
This is a foundational B2B Marketing concept and workshop, appropriate for all marketing professionals responsible for communications, marketing and teams responsible for developing and executing market, sales, or other customer-directed relationships.
2-day interactive workshop mixing learning and application of tools with review and feedback.
- Understanding features/advantages/benefits as they relate to proposing strategic solutions to customers.
- Identifying and adapting to common customer personality styles.
- Learning techniques for using strategic questions to uncover customer needs.
- Understand how to prospect, handle customer objections and using customer centric communication.
- The Softer Interpersonal Skills
- Pre-Call Planning
- Using Strategic Questions
- Strategic Sales Call Management
- Best Practice Consultative Selling
Download a Printable Course Description
Craig Apatov is Founder & Managing partner, Ascension Growth & Innovation Strategies, Inc. Craig leads the firm’s sales enablement groups offering best practice consultative sales training and process management.
Apatov has 25+ years of experience in general management, strategic marketing, and business development in Fortune 100 companies including Con Agra Foods, Disney, Time Warner, Citibank, Mattel Toys, and the GMAC/Ally Bank.
His most noted corporate accomplishments include:
- The creation of Disney’s strategic alliance development process that drove over $150 million in marketing partnerships for Disney animated television programming.
- The successful launch of the GMAC/Ally Bank – now the nation’s largest and most successful online only bank and financial services provider with assets over $167 billion.
- The deployment of the first virtual credit card, digital wallet, and online shopping portals as part of the Citibank pioneering moves into ecommerce under the banner “Click Citi”.
- At Con Agra, leveraged a Hunt’s Ketchup reformulation and aggressive national ad campaign around superior taste to double the company’s market share vs. category leader Heinz.
- Repositioned Mattel Hot Wheels brand by leveraging core brand “racing” equity into racing sets, battery operated racers, and radio controlled vehicles to double brand revenues.
For Ascension, Apatov has delivered over 200 consultative sales training workshops globally across multiple industry verticals. He also drives the firm’s sales compensation optimization programs and personally teaches clients how to better manage downstream sales accountability and processes using the Ascension proprietary Red Team program.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and has done graduate work at the University of Southern California. He is married, lives in the Atlanta area, and has two children living in NY and Boston.
There are no hotel room blocks reserved for this event. Participants are free to book the hotel of their choice. Here are some hotels closest to RLA Learning & Conference Center.
Cancellation Policy: (Prior to course start date)
For the benefit of our attendees, our course attendance is purposefully limited. We will only provide a full refund for cancellations prior to 21 days before the start of the course. In lieu of a refund, prior to 7 days before the start of any course, you may choose to use your payment to attend another Mastery Curriculum Course. Please contacting us to determine availability.