Channel Strategy and Routes to Market
One critical component of value creation for customers that is often overlooked is how customers want to buy. The ability to make its products and services available to customers at the right place and time is a key source of explosive value and the purview of marketing channel strategy. This workshop reviews frameworks and builds a mindset for developing a winning channel strategy.
- Marketing professionals responsible for launching, developing, and implementing routes to market.
- Marketing professionals who are responsible for marketing management or business development.
- Business professionals responsible for industrial sales, sourcing strategies, or buying.
2-day interactive workshop mixing learning and application of framework tools via lecture, case studies, and active discussion.
After completing this workshop you will able to …
- Develop a “channel strategist” mindset to identify new sources of explosive customer value independent of the product itself.
- Understand how customer demands for channel benefits are met through the supply of necessary channel activities and functions.
- Appropriate application of relevant frameworks for guiding the development and implementation of channel value creation.
You will learn how to capture and leverage channel value through the careful selection of channel partners, the application of appropriate incentives and pricing agreements, the design and management of multiple channels. Topics include but are not limited to:
- How to design and redesign routes to market
- How to select and incentivize partners
- How to structure and manage business partnerships for maximum returns
- How to thrive with and manage powerful partners
Sandy Jap is the Sarah Beth Brown endowed Professor of Marketing at the Goizueta Business School at Emory University and an ISBM Fellow. She is the author of Partnering with the Frenemy, a book on the dark side of business relationships, and A Field Guide to Channel Strategy, a how-to book on going to market strategy. Sandy has published widely across the top academic journals in marketing and management science. She co-launched and found the Marketing Analytics Center, and is a former faculty member at the MIT Sloan School of Management and the Wharton School. She is an expert on business-to-business management, channels of distribution, and go-to-market strategies. She is currently a co-editor at Marketing Letters. In 2016, she received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Marketing Association (AMA) Interorganizational Special Interest Group (IOSIG) for her long-term contributions and service to the academy and profession as well as her sustained record of research excellence. She was also named a fellow at the Direct Selling Education Foundation (DSEF).
There are no hotel room blocks reserved for this event. Participants are free to book the hotel of their choice. Here are some hotels closest to RLA Learning & Conference Center.
Cancellation Policy: (Prior to course start date)
For the benefit of our attendees, our course attendance is purposefully limited. We will only provide a full refund for cancellations prior to 21 days before the start of the course. In lieu of a refund, prior to 7 days before the start of any course, you may choose to use your payment to attend another Mastery Curriculum Course. Please contacting us to determine availability.