B2B Marketing Fundamentals (TRACK™)
This course will be delivered remotely. The course may be taken individually or as part of the B2B Marketing Mastery TRACK™ Series. Register on this page for the individual course or click here to register for the full B2B Marketing Mastery TRACK.
Three virtual modules. Each Module is 5 hours on 2 consecutive days with a 2 hour break each day (6 days, 5 hours each day, with 2 hour break each day).
- July 12 & 13, 2022
- September 27 & 28, 2022
- October 25 & 26, 2022
- Employees who are new to Marketing
- Marketers who are new to B2B
- New Product Development and New Business Development professionals needing skills to understand B2B Markets who would benefit from an acceleration of their knowledge, skills, and abilities
- B2B Marketers who would benefit from a Graduate School level of knowledge to improve their skills and abilities
- The TRACK™ Series is especially valuable to Marketers coming from an engineering or technical background
The 1st module (May 10 & 11) covers the 5Cs of B2B Marketing (Category, Customers, Competitors, Collaborators, and one’s own Company).
- After this module you will be able to apply structure concepts and tools to acquire market information about the 5Cs, which will enable you to develop more effective B2B Marketing Strategies.
The 2nd module (July 19 & 20) covers STP (Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning) and how to use these concepts to articulate defensible competitive advantage.
- After this module you will understand the true meaning and power of market segmentation, when to use it, and how to do it well in articulating a competitive advantage.
The 3rd module (August 17 & 18) covers developing the integrated Marketing Strategy around the 4Ps (Product, Price Place/distribution and Promotion).
- After this module you will understand the power and relationship of the 4Ps and how they might be adjusted to meet customer segment needs. The most controllable marketing resources available to a firm are the classic 4P’s: Product, Price, Place (distribution), and Promotion (traditional and digital marketing communication). Each of these decisions will be defined and articulated, especially to highlight the way in which target segment customer needs will be met. This will also include a brief introduction to basic marketing metrics to assess customer response to the 4P’s.
- This Course, comprised of 3 Modules, is offered as part of our B2B Marketing Mastery TRACK™ Series and can also be taken on it’s own.
- Individual Course Registration Member Rate: $5895.00
- Individual Course Registration Non-Member Rate: $6999.00
Dr. Robert J. Thomas is a Professor of Marketing at Georgetown University. He also served as Senior Associate Dean; Director of Executive Programs; Associate Dean for Graduate Business Programs; Interim Dean for the School of Continuing Studies; Founder and Executive Director of the Center for Professional Development and Innovation; and Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Georgetown Institute for Consumer Research. Bob teaches Strategic Market Segmentation, Strategic Marketing Planning, and New Product Development. He has also published over 50 publications in the areas of new product development, organizational buying behavior, business-to-business marketing, and forecasting. Bob serves on the editorial boards and is an active member in numerous academic associations. He has designed and taught executive education seminars in the U.S. and several countries and has consulted with over 50 organizations in a wide variety of industries and cultures, including both consumer and B2B products and services. He is also an ISBM Distinguished Research Fellow.