Account Based Marketing
Market directly to key targets with highly collaborative communications to help expand your financial relationships with your most valued customers. Better integrate your overall marketing and sales execution.
Account Based Marketing (ABM)concentrates sales and marketing resources on a clearly defined set of target accounts that hold the greatest promise of adding to your profit or growth objectives. ABM leverages decision maker and influencer research to identify key target audiences and employs personalized messaging campaigns designed to reach and resonate with individuals in each account. This focused approach requires analytical skills, digital communication channel knowledge, original “thought leadership” content, and a willingness to embrace new technology and methods. Recent advances in marketing technology are making this approach easier to implement and more cost effective. Learn how to join the new wave in current customer communication and relationship management!
- Marketers with revenue and profit growth responsibilities
- Marketers in charge of developing and delivering targeted products or services to specific markets
- Marketing Communication professionals who develop content and communication strategies
- Sales and/or Marketing leaders who want improved alignment between the two functions
2-day interactive workshop using a mix of lectures, discussion, case studies, and software tools. Software tools will be provided in advance
OBJECTIVE: After completing this workshop you will be able to…
- Provide an in-depth perspective on building and/or managing a targeted AMB program.
- Build you own ABM function as an internal function or via outsourced third party provided support
- Select target accounts; Identify and map decision makers
- Develop personalized content and leverage multi-touch/channel communications
- Create meaningful KPIs to measure results and refine tactics for continuous improvement
- Competing in today’s dynamic B2B marketplace; evolution of targeted marketing
- Account Based Marketing language and process
- Defining target accounts and toles; Building personas and leveraging journey and political maps
- Personalizing messaging programs: aligning messages to use case principles
- Message creation and alignment; differentiated messaging and channel specific strategies
- Delivery Channels; integrating messaging across channels
- ABM Technology Options: CRM vs marketing automation; enabling technologies
- Measuring Success: KPIs, Avoiding common pitfalls
Craig Apatov, Managing Partner/Ascension
Craig Apatov is founder and managing partner of Ascension. He leads the firm’s strategic marketing and consultative sales practice. A three time chief marketing officer, Apatov possesses 25+ years of experience in strategic marketing, general management, and consultative business development for multiple Fortune 100 companies including ConAgra Foods, GM, Disney, Citibank, and Mattel Toys. In his role at Ascension, he helps clients utilize strategic best practices, customer/marketplace insights, and best practices consultative selling programs.
Wesley Johnston PhD, Client Partner/Ascension
Wes Johnston, PhD is an Ascension Client Partner and Georgia State University/Professor of Marketing & Sales Management in the J. Mack Robinson College of Business. Wes serves Ascension clients as a consultant and trainer in the areas of business-to-business marketing and strategic selling, key account and sales force management, and competitive strategies.
Jip Inglis, Managing Partner/Ascension
Jip Inglis is also an Ascension Client Partner with a consulting focus in the areas of strategic marketing, positioning/messaging strategies, financial growth metrics + modeling, and consultative sales support programs. Jip has held mid and senior level strategic marketing and general management roles at Procter & Gamble, Coca Cola, Dole Foods, Mattel Toys and J. Walter Thompson Advertising.