You’ve been running the same digital marketing processes for years, making minor tweaks in an effort to keep up your competitors. Is your growth stalled? If so, it’s time to consider a digital transformation.
Your competitors, both big and small, are welcoming a new generation of digital marketing platforms and tools to win against you in the market. As a business leader, it’s essential to adapt to the rapidly changing buyer and customer behaviors and reshape your digital marketing initiatives if you want to keep up with the competition.
The idea of making a digital transformation may be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be a demanding process. With access to the right processes, tools and advisors, upgrading your company’s B2B digital marketing capability can be the best decision you’ve ever made.
In this article, we’re taking a look at how B2B digital marketing transformation can grow your business, and the tools you need to get started.
- Digital transformation requires redefining your digital marketing strategy to gain meaningful insight that improves the customer experience
- Companies with digital marketing transformation strategies are 64% more likely to achieve their business goals than competitors
- Benefits of digital transformation include increased revenue, increased market, customer loyalty, customer satisfaction, and more
Don’t overlook the importance of digital transformation. Here’s everything you need to know about how it can grow your business, and the tools you need to get started.
What Is Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation refers to the process of using digital technologies to acquire, grow, and retain valuable customers. More specifically, digital transformation means redefining your company’s digital channels and optimizing your marketing strategy to gain meaningful insight and improve the customer experience.
When we talk about digital transformation, it is important to understand that it requires an ongoing effort. According to Research and Markets, digital advertising and marketing is expected to grow to $786.2 billion by 2026.
As the technological world around us continues to evolve, it is our marketer’s responsibility to follow suit. When you continue to improve your digital marketing efforts, making them both more efficient and effective, you position your brand as an industry leader that offers superior value to your community.
Why Is Digital Transformation Important?
Companies with digital transformation strategies are 64% more likely to achieve their business goals than competitors. Along with being a few steps ahead of the competition, digital transformation results in:
- Increased revenue. With effective digital marketing, your business will likely see a boost in sales. More customers will want to try and purchase your products or services, and spread the good word about your business if they like what you offer.
- Increased market. A great digital marketing strategy will broaden your target market and reach more potential customers. This gives your business more opportunities to convert leads and generate revenue.
- Customer loyalty. Digital transformation can help your business form quality relationships with its partners. An effective digital marketing strategy builds understanding and trust between a business and its consumers, leading to loyal relationships.
- Customer satisfaction. Great digital marketing strategies are developed according to the needs of a company’s customers, leading to customer satisfaction. By answering your audience’s questions and addressing their needs via digital marketing, your company will gain customers for life.
Clearly, digital transformation is critical to your company’s growth. By consistently adapting your digital marketing strategy to the needs of your customers and updates in technology, you can keep your business competitive.
5 Pillars of Digital Transformation
To help get your company’s initiative started, we have outlined 5 key pillars of an effective digital transformation, and resources you can use to achieve success.
1. Form The Right Strategy
Your digital marketing strategy needs to be smart in order for it to generate results. It should drive growth for your business’s products and services, customer satisfaction, and revenue. To build the right strategy for your company:
- Define the role of digital marketing in your company’s growth strategy
- Clarify which markets you will focus your resources on – “Where to Play”
- Plan how you are going to grow your strategies in these markets – “How to Win”
The key to building a successful strategy for digital transformation is understanding how your business can satisfy the unmet needs of your audience. Companies that focus on the customer experience see an average increase of 80% in revenue. Not only that, but 89% of consumers that have a poor experience seek business from competitors.
2. Build The Right Team
Great leadership enables organizations to perform efficiently. Talent can be one of the most expensive parts of digital transformation, so it is key to consider which skill sets will maximize the productivity of your business.
By enrolling high performing members in courses and workshops, you can ensure their knowledge is growing and adapting to the latest advancements in the industry. To find new talent, we recommend using your network of industry professionals and thought leaders. Access to an established community of experts in your industry can be a direct path towards building the right team.
3. Seek Advanced Technologies
With confidence in the structure of your team, you can identify tools and technologies to empower the capabilities they need to collaborate and perform effectively. As you know, the marketing landscape is quickly evolving, which means your organization’s tools and technology should be, too
By developing a Value Delivery Framework (such as ISBM’s Value Delivery Framework) tailored to your organization, you can create a technologically advanced environment for both your team and customers. Remember to keep in mind customer preferences and behaviors to determine which marketing messages and digital channels will resonate best with your audience.
4. Commit To Best Practices
Measuring results is the most important part of any strategy for digital transformation. Identify and document which actions and practices have maximized your team’s productivity.
By performing best practices regularly, your organization can minimize risks, provide new talent with the tools and knowledge needed to succeed, and ensure consistent excellence in performance.
If your team needs help establishing digital marketing best practices, consult thought leaders in your industry to shed light on how your team can improve. With reliable expertise and advice from successful industry professionals, you can lead your team in the right direction.
5. Optimize Performance
Digital transformation is exactly what it sounds like: transforming your digital marketing processes. This means that you need to continuously optimize your organization’s digital performance to excel and outshine the competition.
Remember, measuring your results is the key to success. Be sure to understand and analyze the following:
- The performance of each strategy component, campaign, and initiative
- How to improve strategy components, campaigns, and initiatives
- Which practices are not performing well, and need to be re-worked or removed
Consistently measuring your company’s digital transformation strategy will ensure you are always working on a path towards profitable growth.
Start Your Digital Transformation Today
Digital transformation is critical to keep up with today’s evolving advancements in technology. It’s also one of the most effective ways to maximize revenue, increase customer satisfaction, and outperform the competition.
Are you ready to reap the benefits of digital transformation? With our professional training programs and expert advice, it’s easy to start optimizing your business’s strategy for growth. Ask about how an ISBM Membership can help you get started now, or visit ISBM today to learn more!