B2B Marketing Foundations Series; Part 2: Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
This course will be delivered remotely.
One 5-hour module
This module, which is the second in a series of three comprising B2B Marketing Foundations, covers STP (Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning) and how to use these concepts to articulate defensible competitive advantage.
- Business-to-business marketers with a technical background who discover they’re now addressing significant marketing challenges and opportunities.
- Teams who need to create a “common language” who need to work better together and with their sales team.
- For those with limited time or a specific need, each module can be take on its own.
- If you are looking for a comprehensive introduction or refresher on B2B Marketing Foundations, the 3-part series is recommended.
This live virtual workshop will be held in one 5-hour session including breaks. Small group break outs will allow peer interaction and instructor feedback.
After this workshop you will understand the true meaning and power of market segmentation, when to use or not use it, and how to do it well in articulating a competitive advantage.
Market segmentation, targeting, and positioning is the technology of modern marketing. Unfortunately, the role of market segmentation in many B2B companies is not well understood, let alone practiced efficiently and effectively. The primary objective of this course module is to enable you to learn the true meaning and power of market segmentation, when to use or not use it, and how to do it well. This is not a technical course, but one in which you will be exposed to the value of data in defining segments. You will also learn how to target one or more segments as the focus of your marketing strategy and to then develop a positioning statement that can provide a firm, clear and defensible competitive advantage. The module includes short readings and a case study to practice your understanding, insights, and implementation of STP
Dr. Robert J. Thomas is a professor of marketing at Georgetown University and an ISBM Distinguished Research Fellow. At Georgetown, he has served as senior associate dean; director of Executive Programs; associate dean for Graduate Business Programs; interim dean for the School of Continuing Studies; founder and executive director of the Center for Professional Development and Innovation; co-founder and executive director of the Georgetown Institute for Consumer Research; and founder of the MS in Business Analytics. Bob teaches Strategic Market Segmentation, Strategic Marketing Planning, and New Product Development. In addition to advising numerous B2B firms, he has over 50 publications in the areas of new product development, organizational buying behavior, business-to-business marketing, and forecasting.
- This Course is offered as part of our B2B Mastery Track
- Individual Course Registration Rate: $1200.00
- Individual Course Registration Non-Member Rate: $1500.00